Monday, May 10, 2010




Static-Dynamic Concept Map Reflection

I have to admit that I am still the most comfortable with static technologies my classroom. We use email within a computer program in the lab, word processors, web sites and peer to peer files on the P: drive. I am beginning to move more to the dynamic technologies little by little. I have had a cell phone for years but have just purchased a smart phone. I am discovering new ways to use it everyday. It was only recently that I even texted. Being able to upload video clips to websites straight form my phone is great.
This course has taught me the benefits of blogs in a real world way. It was my first time ever reading one let alone creating one. I would like to have a blog for my classroom next year. Other teachers in my building already have them and love them. Also the RSS feature sure does help in keeping the blogs organized and easy to view. I have been streaming media for the last 3 years on my 21st Century equipment. Due to funding, they are thinking about not purchasing the license for UnitedStreaming. I will be at a loss if this happens. Being a teacher in a rural area teaching students who have minimal life experiences outside of our county, UnitedStreaming a the closest way to have them experience new places and concepts. Our county has even suspended field trips.
I have thoroughly enjoyed learning along side of everyone all of the innovations that have been identified in this course.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderfully color-coded concept map. I can't wait to see your video. Debra Hanks #9

    ReplyDelete